At last count, I had over 200 apps on my iPhone. Even though many are free, “it starts to add up” as a friend said to me this week. $50 iTune gift cards are on sale now for $40 at Future Shop from October 5 to October 7. The gift cards can be used for apps, games, music, books and movies.
Some AAC and medical apps can be quite expensive, costing up to $200 or more. And for those on a limited income, even apps that cost over a couple of dollars can be prohibitive.
There are some ways that you can minimize your costs, and they include:
- buying iTune gift cards when they are on sale (often $25 gift cards will be on sale for $20, $50 cards on sale for $40) – you could save 20% off the expensive apps by doing this.
- using frequent buyer points (I used my Esso card points to get a $50 card)
- getting iTune cards as a gift
- waiting to see if your app goes on sale (you can do an internet search to see if your app has gone on sale before)
- checking out the free App of the Week on iTunes
- checking out the free App of the Week offered at Starbucks
Another close friend has also said to me that “you know, I think they have a 12 Step program for you” when it comes to apps…(hey, I bet they have an app for that).
Do you know of other ways to save on apps?